|Total Time||15 minutes|
Nutritional Info (per portion)
|of which saturates||2.9g|
|of which sugars||4.2g|
- 1/2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced (reserving a few slices)
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 4 crumpets, toasted
- Salt and pepper
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add all the ingredients except the eggs and seasoning and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until lightly softened.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the eggs. Stir continuously until softly scrambled.
- Season to taste, and spoon onto toasted crumpets.
- Sprinkle with a few reserved pieces of spring onion and serve immediately.
Variation: Try ready dried chilli flakes to save time.
Scrambled eggs are a great start to the day and with a bit of added spice they can give you a real kick-start! Eggs are a good source of many nutrients such as protein, B vitamins and minerals essential for a healthy balanced diet.