- 750g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 oval rustic loaf, cut into 4 slices lengthways
- 300g unsmoked bacon
- 4 medium eggs, poached
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Place the tomatoes on a large baking tray and toss in 1 tbsp oil and balsamic vinegar. Season and bake for 20 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile brush the bread with the remaining oil, place on a baking tray and add to the oven for the last 10-12 minutes of cooking.
- Place the bacon under a pre-heated grill for 7-8 minutes then cut into thick slices. Mix with the tomatoes and use to top the toasted bread.
- Serve topped with a poached egg and sprinkle with the parsley.
chopped garlic to the bread for extra flavour at brunch. Any remaining
bread can be made into breadcrumbs and frozen for use at a later date.