Thank you for everyone who got involved with Breakfast Week 2016 which took place 24 - 30 January. The campaign proved very successful and we were thrilled by the level of support we received from small independent businesses, to schools and charities right up to big brands. The week got the whole country talking about breakfast!
- Over 1,000 media articles in widespread print and online media and broadcast channels including The Sun, Daily Mirror, OK Magazine, Metro, Chris Evans Radio 2 Breakfast Show and Telegraph online.
- 56,000 visitors to www.shakeupyourwakeup.com in January
- 60% increase in Twitter followers
- 100,000 hashtag mentions across Twitter and Facebook resulting in 619 million impressions and the campaign trending on Twitter for 9 hours
- Over 44,000 views of Mission Breakfast campaign videos including those featuring Vogue Williams and Nichola Whitehead
- Almost 3,000 mentions during our Britmums Twitter party on the Monday of Breakfast Week which generated 15.6 million impressions
- Hundreds of events that took place across the country with many more online promotions
- 78,000 campaign resources were distributed including recipe booklets, posters and stickers.
Photos from Breakfast Week Events
As part of our on-going campaign work to raise awareness of the benefits of the regular consumption of breakfast, this year we will be running consumer-facing marketing activity throughout the entire year (2016/17). Under our existing brand, ‘Shake Up Your Wake Up’, activity will take place and be delivered via our digital channels, media partnerships and through education-based activities and events. As a result of this year-long approach, Breakfast Week itself will not take place in January 2017.
We believe that delivering year round activity will help us keep our brand and messages in the minds of our followers through the year and therefore improve and increase consumer engagement
We will be sharing details of our 2016/17 plans shortly but please do email email@example.com if you would like to find out how you can get involved with the campaign.